Dialog Max width?

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Dialog Max width?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 6 months ago.

• Author

Brett
    Participant

Hi Alexander,
    I have 3x requests if you can find time to help please.

1: Is there an option to load dialog in Maximum width?
    I see “Width in pixels” in the Misc tab but no option for Max width.

2: Are we able to hide the Display Form Ribbon on form load?

3: Is there an option to Hide the Delete Button from the ribbon?
    I have tried various Javascript code but none can target that Delete button.

Many thanks.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

1: There is currently no built in method to do this. My best advise would be to disable opening in a dialog. You can however call one of the built in dialog methods from the Custom JS, but they are not consistent between different SP versions – look here for some possible methods: http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/87392/maximize-modal-dialog-on-sharepoint-2013

2: Use this in the custom css (example from SP2013 – may need to change the container id form SP 2010):

#s4-ribbonrow{
        display:none;
    }

3: Use this in the custom css (example from SP2013 – may need to change the container id form SP 2010):

#Ribbon\.ListForm\.Display\.Manage-LargeMedium-1-2{
        display:none;
    }

Alexander

Brett
    Participant

Thanks Alexander, I didn’t receive an email notification that you replied.
    Much appreciated.

Any chance of the other two requests? Customizing the Display Ribbon?

Brett.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I did include an answer to 2 and 3 above (the CSS snippets to use in DFFS Custom CSS). They are created to work in SP 2013 but might work without modifications on SP 2010 also.

Alexander

Brandon W Green
    Participant

Piggy-backing an old thread.

The hiding ribbon snippet works great, however users are noticing that the ribbon returns after using the attachment option lower in the form. Is there a method to keep the ribbon hidden?

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I’m not able to recreate it in my Office 365 test site – which version of SP are you using?

You might be able to permanently hide it by applying “!important” like this:

#s4-ribbonrow{
        display:none!important;
    }

If this doesn’t work, try inspecting the outer container of the ribbon (right click > inspect and look at the HTML in the dev tool) and see if you might target anoher ID than “s4-ribbonrow”.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.