buildValStr missing from build dated 2018-04-15?

Forums Classic DFFS buildValStr missing from build dated 2018-04-15?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Hudson
      Participant

I’m using the latest production version of DFFS DFFS Backend v4.4.3.40|CSS version: 4.42 / 4.42|spjs-utility version: 1.323

I am trying to create a timestamp using spjs.dffs.buildValStr(“{timestamp}”); but when I test that string in the Console, I get the error: “Object doesn’t support property or method ‘buildValStr’. When entering the same command in a previous version of DFFS, it correctly produces a timestamp.

Was the buildValStr function purposely eliminated from the latest version, or did it perhaps happen inadvertently??

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This function is still there – could it be that you had the form in a modal dialog and the console was attached to the parent page?

Alexander

Keith Hudson
      Participant

I’m trying it from the Console on the DFFS config page and it is not working. It SHOULD work there, correct?

Keith Hudson
      Participant

It is working now. I don’t know what happened, unless I had some tiny error in the code and didn’t notice it, or we had some kind of server glitch.

Keith Hudson
      Participant

After further work, it looks like I was making an error in the placement of the quotation marks in the expression.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you got it working. The spjs.dffs.buildValStr function is only available in the DFFS frontend and not when editing the configuration in DFFS backend.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.