Autofill for multi drop down?

Forums Cascading dropdowns Autofill for multi drop down?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Brett
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

I have 2x lookup list fields: 1st field is :Multi, 2nd is :Multi of the ID for the list item.
      The 2nd field needs to just stamp multiple ID’s when the 1st multi lookup is selected.
      At the moment, with both fields set as :multi, the user has to click the ID number to add it rather than autofill.
      Or is there a different configuration I need to use for this?
      Image attached to see what I mean.
      Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This was a bug – can you try replacing the /SPJS/DFFS/plugins/SPJS-casc.js with this file and let me know if it works?

Please not that you might need to clear the browser cache – verify that the file version is 3.7.10 when you hover over the “Enhanced with DFFS” link and click the “License and version information”.

Alexander

Brett
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      Thanks for the prompt reply.
      The first option works but when selecting more options, they don’t get moved across.
      Image attached.

Also, is it possible to use a Managed Metadata column as the second multi column?
      I was going to use a Rule to set the metadata field value anyway but thought I would ask if it’s possible?
      Thanks for your efforts with this.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have made some changes to let the “Autofill subsequent dropdowns when they contain only one valid option” work also when selecting other options where there are only one available option. Please note that it will only autofill if the “Available options” select has only one options so if you select first an option that has multiple available options, and then another that has only one, the last selection will not be autofilled because the combined list has more than one option.

You find the updated file here.

Unfortunately you cannot use anything but single or multiline text fields with this solution.

Alexander

Brett
      Participant

Thank you Alexander, the updated file worked perfectly.
      Now I just copy the multi values to a Managed Metadata column using DFFS Rules and Javascript to strip the line breaks using this code:

$('#dffs_Title').val().replace(/\n/g,'');

Last thing, with Rules Tab, will you be adding Multi-line text fields to run when field changes to a future release?

Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Maybe I can add support for this in a future release, but you can make it work with a little custom js like described here: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/use-multiline-text-as-trigger-in-dffs/

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.