Push Multiple items to sharepoint list

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Push Multiple items to sharepoint list

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Navya Marla
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Is it possible to create multiple list items at a time in sharepoint list using DFFS in vlookup screen?
    By default the form needs to expose fields for a single record, but also include an option to add another item without displaying a new page.

Thanks,
    Navya

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I’m not sure I understand what you mean. If you set up a vLookup connection between two lists, you can add as many “children” as you like in one session, but to fill in the NewForm on each child you need to bring up the Child item NewForm and save between each added “child”.

If you are looking at creating for example a predefined set or “tasks” as children to a list item, this could be done using a few lines of custom code that adds the items programatically.

Let me know what your requirements are, and I’ll do my best to help you.

Alexander

Navya Marla
    Participant

Hi Alexander,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

With vlookup user can add as many child records as he want,to do this every time user needs to open the new form and click save, repeat the process…
    In my case user wants to add multiple child records at a time in single new form.
    Is there a simple way we can configure in DFFS lookup to add multipule records in the single save.
    please find the screen shot for more details.

Thanks,
    Navya

Attachments:

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, but there is no built in support for this at the moment. Is it only one multiline textfield you want to save to each of the child items, or is it a full “new item” with for example “Title”, “Responsible”, “Category” and “Description”?

Alexander

Artaker
    Participant

I think this something I’m looking for right now as well.
    I have an InfoPath form I need to replace – but this form has a repeatable table where the user can add multiple elements in one got.
    I guess this is what is needed here?

Thanks
    BR,
    Nicole

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I’ll see what I can do with the next version, but I don’t have a release date on this yet.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.