Two possible bugs

Forums Modern DFFS Two possible bugs

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Alexander, I’m working with 1.0.26.0, and I’m seeing odd behavior that I haven’t fully nailed down as to when I see it, nor possible triggers. One is that sometimes when I’ve created an item and am back on the list view, refreshing the page launches a New Item form again. It seems that sometimes just visiting the form, without having created, viewed, or edited an item, the New Item dialog opens with no prompting.
      -=-
      The other behavior seems to have started with my switch from 1.0.22.0 to 1.0.26.0. When opening New, View, or Edit forms that have been working fine, the form is completely empty. It acts as if all fields are hidden. I’ve found a simple solution, which is to write a rule saying ‘on form load, show element: (and put the row ID in the element field)’. It’s an easy fix, but it’s not something we’ve ever needed previously.

I’m hoping that by sharing on your forum, someone else who may have seen the behavior might be able to give more detail.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The bug where the form shows empty if no rules are defined was fixed on June 25: https://spjsworks.com/changelog

I don’t have any immediate explanation for the first issue. Are you sure you don’t have the DFFSID and DFFSForm parameters in the URL?

Alexander

Jorah Lavin
      Participant

Thanks, Alexander! I’ll be watching for an update to our ‘official’ reviewed version to overcome that empty form bug. Your remark about the DFFSID/form parameters is helpful, I’ll watch for that.

-Jorah

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m sure I misunderstood you, but just to clarify: the blank form bug is already fixed in the latest version that I published on the 25’th.

Alexander

Jorah Lavin
      Participant

I’m the cause of the confusion, Keymaster! It’s because our company has to review and sign off on every version we use, so we’re almost always 4-6 weeks behind. We got special dispensation to jump from .22 to .26, but I am not expecting a new upgrade until mid-July now.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Ah – I see, thank you for the clarification.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.