"No value" issue

Forums Classic DFFS "No value" issue

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      chgrnet
      Participant

I cannot say exactly which version this stopped working, but I have used the “no value” rule for quite some time. I do this by selecting the choice field “If this trigger”, is equal to, then not selecting any values. At some point late last year this rule stopped working on load. I can sometimes get it to work on field change, but only if I am not using radio buttons.

I have spent hours on trying to figure out a way to get DFFS to recognize there is no value selected in a choice field. There are no errors, it just never sees that rule. I am working on NewForm right now, I need to re-test on EditForm to make sure it is happening there.

This is how I tested it: I created a radio button field with 3 selections to load with no value. I create a rule that said it was equal to none of the values, and I put a message in place. When I go to the form, nothing happens.

If this is supposed to work, if there is any way you can test this and see if there is another way to get it to work, I would really appreciate it.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the late reply – This is supposed to work. I did a test now, and don’t have any problems setting this rule up.

Which version of DFFS are you running?

Alexander

chgrnet
        Participant

DFFS Backend v4.4.3.42|CSS version: 4.42 / 4.42|spjs-utility version: 1.323

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, I need to see a few screenshots of your rule configuration and any other relevant information about your form to be able to set up a test. You can attach it to this post, or email it to me.

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.