› Forums › Modern DFFS › Modern DFFS v1.0 has been released
Tagged: Modern DFFS Install
- This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Alexander Bautz.
October 31, 2022 at 21:20 #36222
I have now released version 1.0 of the DFFS for the Modern SharePoint. Read more and get your license over at SPJSWorks.com
Post any feedback in the forum here: https://spjsblog.com/forums/forum/modern-dffs/
A big thanks to those who have contributed with testing.
November 2, 2022 at 19:25 #36225Travis GoodmanParticipant
Congratulations! By the end of this month, I will have a full post available with my feedback and any issues I’ve run into. Yet to determine how best to format it all, but excited to share. Love your work, and I’ll be sending a tip over to you real soon!
November 2, 2022 at 20:50 #36226
Thanks, you can email me the feedback if that is easier.
November 16, 2022 at 18:31 #36238William SummersParticipant
I absolutely cannot figure out how to implement this. I have loaded the app in my app catelog and that is as far as I seem to be able to get. I also cannot infd directions. Would someone be so great as to point me to directions? I found something that said to go to my default.aspx page but i do not have one in my site pages. If that measn the default home page it does not make sense. Am i supposed to create a default.aspx modern page? Any help is greatly appreciated!
November 16, 2022 at 20:01 #36239
If you have added the app to your app catalog (tenant or site collection app catalog) and you have activated it you should already have it in all your lists.
Did you follow the instructions here?: https://spjsworks.com/install-modern-dffs
Please note that if you did not check the Make this solution available to all sites in the organization checkbox you will have to add the app to each of your sites under Site contents > New > App > Modern DFFS
November 16, 2022 at 21:14 #36240Travis GoodmanParticipant
Hi Alexander, here is my EARLY feedback, but I have a lot more I am still working through. This is just my initial thoughts. Things have been extremely busy so finding time to test has been problematic, but I’m trying! I have some very complex stuff I hope to get to very soon that might fast track your development if we catch the hard stuff early.
Anyway, here it goes:
– On datetime columns where width is 12 columns and time is included, put date and time all on single line. It puts hours and minutes on a second line and things are spread out a mile long unnecessarily.
– Ability to name a row in the config so you can at a glance tell what content is in there (and perhaps create rules based on the rows name for visibility)
– Ability to load a JS file prior to excuting custom JS (or adding a JS file to the root of the DFFS that would load to all forms like in classic DFFS)
– Ability to load a CSS file prior to custom CSS (or similar functionality as stated above, something that gets loaded from the core install that would load to all forms)
– Documentation on what actions can be triggered programmatically with spjs in customJS
– Perhaps I’m not using it right, but the buttons that appear along the top for add row/column, tabset, html, grid, etc. do not do anything when clicked.
– Create similar option as label position to allow for label styling outside of custom css. Simple options like bold and maybe providing a hex code for color.
– Ability to copy rule
– Create rules based on result of a preceeding rule
– WOULD LOVE TO HAVE FOR CASCADING DROPDOWNS >>> I know CCDD is not available yet, but just throwing this out there for early development. If there is a break in the cascade, but there are still more columns to cascade after, then keep it moving.
Example: VP, AVP, Director, Manager is my cascade. Let’s say an employee has a VP, AVP, but no Director, but does have a Manager. So there’s a break at Director, how can we resolve that so it just accepts the blank value and keeps things moving?
Hope this feedback finds you well, and I plan on providing a lot more! Especially any issues I find in development. I’ll be reaching out to you soon to discuss how I can obtain similar licensing in Modern as I have now in Classic, as well as the donations I’ve already promised. I haven’t forgotten!
November 17, 2022 at 16:57 #36241
Thank you for the feedback. I’ll add your points to the list and work through them and see what I can implement in the next update.
Regarding the buttons in the top row of the editor: you must drag-and-drop them to the place in your form where you want to add them.
You can style the label individually for each field if you open the field properties (right click or select from hamburger-menu ☰).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.