Error adding docs to library with versioning

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Error adding docs to library with versioning

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

I am encountering an error (Incorrect function. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070001)) when uploading a document via vLookup to a library with versioning control on. It all works fine with no versioning, but as soon as versioning is turned on, the error occurs. I’m using version 2.203.

Is it possible to upload to a library with version control on?

Regards

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure it will make any difference, but could you try using the latest version of vLookup?

Also, do you use DFFS in the library where you upload the document to?

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

I’ve tried it on a test environment with the latest version and got the same result (although it seemed to work then stopped working).

I’ve then tried with the child library and parent list in the same site where previously they were in different sites. So far so good.

Regards

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. Can you provide a few screenshots (or a screencast using for example https://screencast-o-matic.com/home) showing me the exact setup and the error so I can try to recreate it?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I got this issue reported from another user today. I have recreated the issue and will look into it. No need to supply more information.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Could you try this release of vLookup frontend and see if the upload document issue is resolved? It seems the error originated from the “Source” attribute in the URL.

What I have done is to remove the Source attribute when uploading documents, and forced opening in a dialog so that you return to the form when finished.

You find the file here

Best regards,
      Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Cheers

Works as you’d expect!

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – and for the beer!

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.