DFFS_frontend_min.js v4.4.2.9 to v4.4.3.0

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS_frontend_min.js v4.4.2.9 to v4.4.3.0

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      chgrnet
      Participant

I know I am asking you to go back into history a bit on this one, and I completely understand if you are not able to, but I wanted to ask anyway, just in case.

I have 2 forms that when I try to upgrade the DFFS_frontend_min.js v4.4.2.9 to v4.4.3.0 stop working as expected. I am using tabs and the issue is specific to showing/hiding tabs and headings based on rules. What is happening is something that works as expected in v4.4.2.9 stops working in v4.4.3.0, and I get results I don’t want, or errors that indicate there is an issue with the naming I am using of the tabs/headings. The names are correct and being correctly called, as they work in v4.4.2.9, but whatever change you made in v4.4.3.0 makes them error out and not recognize what I am using.

I have been able to upgrade all files in DFFS to DFFS_2018-04-15 except this one file.

Could you provide me with some insight as to what I could look at to change in my tab names/headings that could make this work? Since it goes from working to not working, with no change I’m not sure what to adjust to get it to work again. All other forms in the same site work correctly with the latest upgrade, and they are using tabs/headings, but I can’t tell what is different between them.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure exactly what could cause this issue, but if you could email me the configuration “blob” from the Misc or the “Export, import and restore” tab I’ll look at it. Please also include some more details about which tabs are not behaving as you expected.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Please check the case of your tab names – are these correct?

The reason for enforcing case sensitivity here is because jQuery uses “getElementsByClassName” if available in the browser – and this is case sensitive. The reason for this not being an issue earlier in your setup is most likely because you use IE and this does not support this new method and it’s selector is not actually case sensitive.

Alexander

chgrnet
        Participant

Thank you. The issue was I had the variables in the “tab” field, not the “heading” field, that the edit form is fixed.

For the new form, is there a “best” way to set a trigger on a blank field? I typically use “is equal to” and leave the value field blank, but is that correct?

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

I’m glad you figured out the naming issue – and your trigger-on-blank-field rule is set up correctly.

Best regards,
        Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.