vLookups stopped working in list Edit form

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookups stopped working in list Edit form

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

I’ve implemented vLookup across a number of lists but just realised that for those in the root of my site collection, all vLookups are not working while in the edit form. They all work in the display forms, returning results as expected, but no results at all in the Edit forms. Lists in sub sites are working as expected with the vLookups working in both Edit and Display forms.

Any idea where the problem lies? I’m on DFFS 4.365 and vLookup 2.266

Regards

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have a hunch it could be the “List base URL”, but if you append “&vLookupDebug=1” to the URL you can “see” the query and the output:

Example:

/Lists/DFFS_TestList/DispForm.aspx?ID=123&vLookupDebug=1

Post the output here.

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi Alexander

First is the output from the Edit form followed by the output from the Display form for the same item.

Thanks

Gerry

Edit
      Field: vLookupDivisions

blob:
      {“noteToSelf”:””,”listName”:”ContDB-Divisions”,”listBaseUrl”:”/celcis”,”query”:{“fin1″:”Org”,”type1″:”Text”,”value1″:”,”,”fin2″:””,”type2″:”Text”,”value2″:””,”fullCAML”:””,”AndOr”:””,”operator1″:”Eq”,”operator2″:”Eq”,”orderBy”:”ID”,”rowLimit”:””},”childTableHeight”:””,”viewFields”:[{“fin”:”Title”,”settings”:””,”disp”:{“default”:””},”colWidth”:””,”colWidthOperator”:”px”},{“fin”:”City”,”settings”:””,”disp”:{“default”:”City”},”colWidth”:””,”colWidthOperator”:”px”},{“fin”:”Contacts”,”settings”:””,”disp”:{“default”:”Contacts”},”colWidth”:””,”colWidthOperator”:”px”}],”action”:”concat”,”action_groupBy”:””,”action_groupByHeaderStyle”:””,”action_groupByExpanded”:false,”action_groupByPrefix”:{“default”:””},”showTotals”:false,”openInDlg”:true,”disable”:false,”refreshAllOnCallback”:false,”viewItemLinkIn”:{“disp”:true,”edit”:true,”view”:true},”editItemLinkIn”:{“disp”:true,”edit”:true,”view”:true},”hideLabelInForm”:true,”label”:{},”moreItemsLabel”:{“default”:””},”noItemsLabel”:{“default”:””},”addNew”:true,”newItemInDlg”:true,”addNewDlgOpt”:{“width”:””,”height”:””,”x”:””,”y”:””,”allowMaximize”:false,”showMaximized”:false,”showClose”:false,”autoSize”:false},”addNewLabel”:{“default”:”New Division”},”addNewIn”:{“disp”:true,”edit”:true,”view”:true},”addNewFolder”:false,”addNewFolderLabel”:{“default”:””},”addNewFolderIn”:{“disp”:false,”edit”:false},”addNewDocLabel”:{},”inUrl”:[{“from”:”Title”,”to”:”Org”,”hide”:false}],”folderMetadata”:[],”uploadToFolder”:true,”uploadToFolderLabel”:””,”openFolder”:true,”openFolderLabel”:””}

query:
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Org’ /><Value Type=’Text’>,</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>

Number of items matching the query: 0

Display

blob:
      {“noteToSelf”:””,”listName”:”ContDB-Divisions”,”listBaseUrl”:”/celcis”,”query”:{“fin1″:”Org”,”type1″:”Text”,”value1″:”A Life Explored”,”fin2″:””,”type2″:”Text”,”value2″:””,”fullCAML”:””,”AndOr”:””,”operator1″:”Eq”,”operator2″:”Eq”,”orderBy”:”ID”,”rowLimit”:””},”childTableHeight”:””,”viewFields”:[{“fin”:”Title”,”settings”:””,”disp”:{“default”:””},”colWidth”:””,”colWidthOperator”:”px”},{“fin”:”City”,”settings”:””,”disp”:{“default”:”City”},”colWidth”:””,”colWidthOperator”:”px”},{“fin”:”Contacts”,”settings”:””,”disp”:{“default”:”Contacts”},”colWidth”:””,”colWidthOperator”:”px”}],”action”:”concat”,”action_groupBy”:””,”action_groupByHeaderStyle”:””,”action_groupByExpanded”:false,”action_groupByPrefix”:{“default”:””},”showTotals”:false,”openInDlg”:true,”disable”:false,”refreshAllOnCallback”:false,”viewItemLinkIn”:{“disp”:true,”edit”:true,”view”:true},”editItemLinkIn”:{“disp”:true,”edit”:true,”view”:true},”hideLabelInForm”:true,”label”:{},”moreItemsLabel”:{“default”:””},”noItemsLabel”:{“default”:””},”addNew”:true,”newItemInDlg”:true,”addNewDlgOpt”:{“width”:””,”height”:””,”x”:””,”y”:””,”allowMaximize”:false,”showMaximized”:false,”showClose”:false,”autoSize”:false},”addNewLabel”:{“default”:”New Division”},”addNewIn”:{“disp”:true,”edit”:true,”view”:true},”addNewFolder”:false,”addNewFolderLabel”:{“default”:””},”addNewFolderIn”:{“disp”:false,”edit”:false},”addNewDocLabel”:{},”inUrl”:[{“from”:”Title”,”to”:”Org”,”hide”:false}],”folderMetadata”:[],”uploadToFolder”:true,”uploadToFolderLabel”:””,”openFolder”:true,”openFolderLabel”:””}

query:
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Org’ /><Value Type=’Text’>A Life Explored</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>

Number of items matching the query: 1

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The query is not the same in the two “blobs” above so I’ll have to see a screenshot of the vLookup setup (the CAML query part).

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

Is the problem the current item field I’m using? DisplayName is a calculated field.

Gerry

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes this is the reason. When using [currentItem:NameOfField] I pull the value from the field in the form when in EditForm – and a calculated column is not present in EditForm.

In DispForm I use a query to find all the values, and I’m not sure doing this differently in EditForm makes any sense (you have one more query to perform, but this does not take many milliseconds to complete).

Try putting the code snippet below in the Custom JS in DFFS of your EditForm to see if it makes any difference. Let me know how it works out so I can update the vLookup script if it performs as expected.

Alexander

spjs.vLookup.fillInVariables = function(str,id,listGuid){
      	var split, finID, fin, viewFields, item, val, vArr, q;
      	finID = {};
      	viewFields = [];
      	vArr = str.match(/\[currentItem:[^\]]*\]/gi);
      	if(vArr!==null){
      		spjs.$.each(vArr,function(i,v){
      			split = v.replace(/\[|\]/g,'').split(':');
      			fin = split[1];
      			if(fin!==null){
      				if(fin==='ID'){
      					str = str.split(v).join(id);
      				}else{
      					if(split.length===3){
      						finID[fin]=split[2];
      					}
      					viewFields.push(fin);
      					str = str.split(v).join("~"+fin+"~");
      				}
      			}
      		});
      		if(viewFields.length>0){
      			item = spjs_getItemByID({"listName":listGuid,"id":id,"viewFields":viewFields,"scope":"RecursiveAll"});
      			if(item!==null ){
      				spjs.$.each(viewFields,function(i,fin){
      					val = (item[fin]!==null)?item[fin]:'';
      					vArr = val.split(';#');
      					switch(finID[fin]){
      						case 'id':
      							val = vArr[0];
      						break;
      						default:
      							if(vArr.length>1){
      								val = vArr[1];
      							}else{
      								val = vArr[0];
      							}
      					}
      					str = str.split("~"+fin+"~").join(val);
      				});
      			}
      		}
      	}
      	// URL
      	vArr = str.match(/\[URL:[^\]]*\]/g);
      	if(vArr!==null){
      		spjs.$.each(vArr,function(i,v){
      			split = v.replace(/\[|\]/g,'').split(':');
      			q = split[1];
      			if(q!==null){
      				if(GetUrlKeyValue(q) !== ""){
      					str = str.split(v).join(GetUrlKeyValue(q));
      				}
      			}
      		});
      	}
      	// Variables
      	vArr = str.match(/\{var:[^\}]*\}/g);
      	if(vArr !== null){
      		$.each(vArr,function(i,v){
      			try{
      				val = eval(v.split(":")[1].replace(/\}|\\/g,""));
      				if(val === undefined){
      					alert("[vLookup - undefined variable]\n\n"+v.split(":")[1].replace(/\}|\\/g,""));
      				}else{
      					str = str.split(v).join(val);
      				}
      			}catch(err){
      				alert(err);
      			}
      		});		
      	}
      	return str;
      };
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

It works in all the lists I’ve tried it on so far. I realise now I should have been basing the filter on a static field instead, but another new feature added!

Cheers

Gerry

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.