vLookup on new item on document library

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup on new item on document library

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      AdamP
      Participant

I realise that for lists it’s not possible to create vlookup associations without the extra column workaround due to the item ID not yet being created, but does this logic also carry though for document libraries?
      At the point the form loads (editform, not newform as in the case of a list), the ID of the new document is accessible in the form of;

http://site/library/Forms/EditForm.aspx?Mode=Upload&CheckInComment=&ID=18&RootFolder=Folder&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fsite%2Flibrary

Is it possible to enable vlookup for editform with mode=upload even though it is a “new” item?

Adam

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This should work as it is in fact EditForm. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

Hi Alexander

I thought this was the case, however on the setup I’ve got I see the following;

Add new document>
      File upload dialog, ok
      EditForm.aspx (?mode=upload)
      ‘vLookupAssociations’ just shows as an empty single line of text field (as if it were on a plain old sharepoint form. All other dffs functionality works correctly)

Edit properties of same file>
      Editform.aspx
      ‘vLookupAssociations’ field loads all associated items from the child list into the area on the form as per config.

The process I have at the moment is to go back into editing (or viewing) the document properties after initial upload, but it would be nice if it was possible in one hit.

Any ideas or things I should check?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry fro the delay. I have now tested it and confirmed your finding. It was a shortcoming in my code that did not “see” the ID because it was not the first parameter in the URL.

I will fix this in the next release – hopefully during the weekend.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
      Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.