vLookup in NewForm.aspx

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup in NewForm.aspx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      chgrnet
      Participant

Hello –

I know that vLookup does not work with NewForm.aspx, but is there any exception to getting this to work if you are prefilling the field it would use when building the vLookup when creating a new item from EditForm.aspx?

Thanks.

Christine

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You can use this from NewForm (in SP2010 and 2013) – look at the manual: https://spjsblog.com/vlookup-for-sharepoint/vlookup-user-manual/#Adding_children_from_NewForm

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

chgrnet
      Participant

Thank you! I thought that was just used for when you didn’t use DFFS in the child list. I can definitely set that up, thanks!

chgrnet
      Participant

It says if I am using DFFS in the child I don’t have to use the receiver file, but when I go into the vLookup setup for the NewForm.aspx, my field is not listed. Also, when I add the “_” to the fields (EditForm), they don’t show up in vLookup, but when I remove it they do.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not sure I understand – can you add a screenshot?

Yes, by default, all field prefixed with _ will not show in the form.

Alexander

chgrnet
      Participant

Your guide indicates to name the vLookup files for this specific process use an underscore in the name: https://spjsblog.com/vlookup-for-sharepoint/vlookup-user-manual/#Adding_children_from_NewForm

When I use the instructions above and go into the NewForm.aspx DFFS setup, and click on the vLookup tab, it says I cannot use vLookup in NewForm.aspx. Is that true for using this specific process, where I am doing the prefill? Do I need to add that receiver file, in addition to the DFFS setup in my NewForm to get it to work for prefill?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you sure you have the latest version of the vLookup plugin?

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.