vlookup in list views

Forums Classic DFFS vlookup in list views

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Can I get a better understanding of viewing vLookups in list views.
      Should it be possible to see the child data when viewing the OOTB SP2019 moder list view of a the parent list? the information in the manual does seem to indicate that you can.
      I’ve added a CEWP linked to the “vLookup_ListView.html” file (t wasn’t in the CEWP folder) and made sure the “Tabular view” option was selected but I don’t see any of the cild data in the standard list view.

Have I misunderstood anything?

Cheers,
      Phil

SteveE
      Participant

Are you sure you have the link set up correctly? It should be in your DFFS setup folder. Mine is in https://mysite.sharepoint.com/SPJS/DFFS/vLookup_ListView.html. That’s the link you have to add to the content link in your CEWP.

Then you have to add the vLookup column to the view so that it knows where to show the information.

Phil Grant
      Participant

Yes I have the content link in a “modern CEWP” and the vlookup column is in the list view.

SteveE
      Participant

If you are using modern list views, I believe it only will work in the classic list view.

Phil Grant
      Participant

Tried it in the classic view as well but it still doesn’t work.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes, this will unfortunately only work in the classic list view.

Alexander

SteveE
      Participant

How did you even add a CEWP to a modern list view? If you switch it to classic experience and add a CEWP to a view it works. That’s how I have mine set up.

Phil Grant
      Participant

I have the modern CEWP added to SP2019 so I can use SPJS charts and DFFS.

SteveE
      Participant

I get that, but you can’t add a CEWP to a modern list view. There’s no “Edit Page” option.

Phil Grant
      Participant

I didn’t realise you could add a cewp to a classic list! I just add the cewp and the list to a classic page.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.