vlookup Doc lib not showing full width of the screen

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vlookup Doc lib not showing full width of the screen

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian Cone
      Participant

What settings are available for a full width for forms with vlookup to doc lib.

Brian Cone
      Participant

I have ten fields I’m showing from the document lib all at 200px. Still does not go full screen width. the form at the top is just not the doc lib vlookup

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Please add a screenshot so I can see exactly what you mean.

Alexander

Brian Cone
      Participant

Attached

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Which version of DFFS are you running?

I tried to set up a similar config, but my vLookup table fills the entire form width – can you show me a screenshot of the tab configuration for this tab?

Alexander

Brian Cone
      Participant

zip file attached

Dynamic Forms for SharePoint DFFS Backend v4.4.3.48|CSS version: 4.43 / |spjs-utility version: 1.324

[vLookup plugin backend v2.2.121]

Also a clean install not a upgrade.

Thank you so much for the help.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Brian Cone.
      Attachments:
      Brian Cone
      Participant

Attached in the tab view.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You must either change the width to use percentage, or remove the width set on each column – refer the help icon on the ViewFields section (attached).

Alexander

Brian Cone
      Participant

Thanks for looking at this, however this does not fix the table width. It does not go full width of the screen. I have change the width of the fields by px (for a auto total table width) or % or blank but the width of the table never changes it appears to be fixed. When changing the fields this setting changes the fields width not the total table width.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Unfortunately I’m not able to recreate this issue. Could you use the developer tools (right click the vLookup table and select Inspect) to try to identify what is limiting the width? – you can click on each HTML element – like the table – and look at the style applied to each tag.

Alexander

Brian Cone
      Participant

Thanks for helping Alexander. I’ve looked at all the elements and noticed that they are either setup to auto width or width to 100%. Is there anything else I can look at to discover the conflict? thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s hard to tell. If I could log in and look at it I might be able to figure out what’s causing it. If so, email me the login details.

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
      Participant

I have a similar problem.
      It seems that the vlookup has a fixed field width, with or without grouping.
      The screenshot I’ve included is a form without side by side columns
      Setting the fieldwidth in the tab CCS field does not work.

Is there a way to increase the width of this field?

Peter Giesselink
        Participant

The field widths in all displayed fields in the vLooup definition are defined in pixels but that information is not used.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The image is a bit blurry – is it the totals row you want to stretch to the full width of the vLookup table?

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
        Participant

No, the problem is that the total width of the vLookup table cannot pass a certain threshold, which limits the possibility to display more columns.
        I’ve attached a less blurried image.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m sorry, but I cannot reproduce this – in my test I set a width of 300px for all columns and it pushes the width to whatever I specify. Maybe you have a css width set on the formtable? – this would limit the total width of the form and vLookup would not be able to expand past this limit.

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
      Participant

.ms-formbody {
       width:auto !important;
      }

solves the problem.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you got it sorted out.

Alexander

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.