v5 Setup

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint v5 Setup

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      DCH
      Participant

Hey Alexander,

I’m trying to get the new v5 Charts setup working (woohoo, thank you!) and I can’t seem to get anything to happen. I have all the files in /SPJS/Charts/ and I commented out the jquery and translation script references. The master html page is being loaded through a CEWP, and in my dev tools I can see that all the files are successfully downloaded, but nothing happens on the page.

Thanks!

DCH
      Participant

I noticed I am loading jQuery 1.11.3 on my master page but you included 1.12.3. Is that version required?

DCH
      Participant

Ok, problem solved… you can’t comment out the translation script reference.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out. You should be able to comment out this file so this is a bug that I’ll fix in the next revision.

You can use your current jQuery version – no dependencies on the latest version.

Alexander

Chris Diltz
      Participant

Alexander, I believe I’m seeing the same result DCH had (before he figured out his error) but I’ve tried removing the translation altogether and I’m getting the same experience. Nothing happens within the CEWP. I set up a playground page to check the configuration after I attempted to load v5 on a production page. I will try to attach some screenshots of what I’m seeing. I appreciate any time you have to take a look and let me know if you see anything I’m doing wrong.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Do you see any errors in the developer console in the browser (hit F12 > Console)?

PS: I just posted a new BETA: https://spjsblog.com/2016/05/17/charts-for-sharepoint-v5-beta-3/ – you should update.

Alexander

Chris Diltz
        Participant

I did get an error in the dev console. I added a screenshot at the bottom of the new attachment.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Did you use the latest version (BETA 3)?

Alexander

Chris Diltz
        Participant

Yes. Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I upgraded the js and css files just before retrying and sending that new attachment.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Try clicking the link on the error message to show where in the code the error originates from.

Alexander

Chris Diltz
        Participant

Looks like it’s the first line of code for the .min

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you try unpacking the file using this tool: http://www.cleancss.com/javascript-beautify/

Paste the unpacked script in the file and reload the page. This will give us a more informative error.

Alexander

Chris Diltz
        Participant

I didn’t even know you could do that so thanks for the tip. Screenshots updated. I sure appreciate your help on this.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Unfortunately this is a problem with IE 8 – are you stuck with this old browser?

Unfortunately these charts will not play very well with IE 8 (IE 9 is OK). Are you able to use another browser?

Alexander

Chris Diltz
        Participant

I’m actually using IE11. When you mentioned browsers, I tried in Chrome and it worked fine setting up the master configuration library. For grins, I went back to IE11 (which everyone in the company uses) and it’s still not working.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I guess you have the page in “compatibility mode” – look here and see if you can disable it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2536204

Alexander

Chris Diltz
      Participant

Solved! My master page was set to run in compatibility with IE8. Changing that tag to IE9 caused other issues elsewhere in the site so I created a copy of that master page to run in IE9 mode as aligned it with the page housing my charts.

Thanks for the tip!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you got it working.

Alexander

Michael A Tedesco
      Participant

Alexander, I too am trying to install v5 — and do not see anything happen on the page after adding the Charts Master CEWP. I’ve double-checked that I have updated the links correctly. I do see the attached error in the console. Could this be the problem?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The console error looks like it comes from d3 and not from SPJS Charts.

Have you ensured you have the correct links to the script files in the file “SPJSChartsMaster_CEWP.html” like described here: https://spjsblog.com/spjs-charts-for-sharepoint/spjs-charts-for-sharepoint-user-manual/#Correct_the_links

Alexander

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.