Users getting default forms without DFFS

Forums Classic DFFS Users getting default forms without DFFS

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Kellgren
      Participant

I have an SP13 site with an issues list that has been enabled for DFFS. The form that I created with tabs works great for the admin group I created, but our broader user group that are intended to be contributors to the list are getting the list default forms with all the fields, instead of the tabbed dffs forms with selected columns. I have all the tabs included with both groups in the “see this tab” sections. I’m assuming that somehow, DFFS is not loading for them so the forms are all defaulting to SP defaults.

What would be preventing my users from getting the forms working?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You must ensure your end users have READ access to the “/SPJS/DFFS” folder where the scripts are located.

If this is already OK you must check with one of the end users and look for error messages in the browser developer console by hitting F12 > Console.

Alexander

Mark Kellgren
      Participant

Thank you. That makes sense. I missed that in the installation instructions if it’s there.

Mark Kellgren
      Participant

I just checked on one of the users that the forms are not working for. They have the access to the DFFS folder, and the console on their IE browser shows no errors when opening the form. I’m not sure where to go now.

Mark Kellgren
      Participant

I solved this. The site users also need read access to the forms list, in addition the dffs sub-folder.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.