Unable to get value of the property 'toString'

Forums Classic DFFS Unable to get value of the property 'toString'

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

I am receiving the below errors. I recently upgraded to the newest version of DFFS from an early 4.x version. Any ideas?

Display Form:
      SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property ‘toString’: object is null or undefined

VERSION INFORMATION
      Autocomplete: not loaded
      Cascading dropdowns: 3.524
      DFFS frontend: 4.357
      DFFS frontend CSS: 4.10 / 4.11j
      Query: 1.11.3
      Lookup: not loaded
      Resource management: not loaded
      SPJS-Utility: 1.252
      vLookup: frontend v2.252

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you click the error in the dev console and show me the code snippet where the error originates from I might see what is wrong.

Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

Unfortunately that is all that it gives me. It only happens on DispForm and only on one list. I removed all custom JS to make sure that wasn’t the issue. I had a similar issue with the NewForm but when I took the below custom JS out that error stopped.

ERROR: SCRIPT65535: Unexpected call to method or property access.

Custom JS: ` //BEGIN JQUERY UI DATEPICKER

$(“#dffs_ReadyForReview”).find(“input”).datepicker({
      constrainInput: true,
      maxDate: ‘+365d’, //sets the maximum selectable date.. in this case 60 days from today
      minDate: ‘+1d’, //sets the minimum selectable date.. in this case tomorrow
      beforeShowDay: //determines which days are selectable.. in this case Thursday only
      function (date) {
      var day = date.getDay();
      return [(day == 1 || day== 5), ”];

}
      }).attr(‘readonly’, ‘readonly’);
      // You might also want to hide the default calendar icon
      $(“#dffs_ReadyForReview”).find(“img”).hide();

//END JQUERY UI DATEPICKER (Firday or Monday)

function tollgateSave(){

if(getFieldValue(“IsAdmin”)==”0″){
      if(getFieldValue(“MilestonePhase”,”disp”)!==”Status Update”){

alert(“To successfully schedule this tollgate/change control, the \”Ready For Validation\” checkbox and this HLC DB project record must be fully updated by Tuesday 12:00 ET.\n\nPrior to selecting \”Ready For Validation\” please also ensure that Christian Bowers and Brooke Thompson have been granted access to Project Repository URL in order to validate any required deliverables for all tollgates.\n\nAfter the deadline on the week scheduled, you can expect an additional notification email confirming successful validation of this scheduled item.”);

}
      }
      }

function formReady(){
      if(getFieldValue(“MultiPhase”)==”Yes”){
      spjs.dffs.unhideFieldsByRule([“Phase”]);
      spjs.dffs.flag_Mandatory([“Phase”]);
      }
      else{
      spjs.dffs.hideFieldsByRule([“Phase”]);
      spjs.dffs.clear_Mandatory([“Phase”]);
      }
      }`

Kasey
      Participant

I resolved my DispForm issue. I had a rule that was calling a function that was trying to make fields mandatory on a display form. I’m not sure if that was the exact issue but I disabled all rules that would not have pertained to a display form and the issue is resolved.

However, would you be able to point me to what is wrong with the above code for New/Edit form? Are there functions that you removed or renamed that would cause that issue?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m sorry, but it’s not easy to tell. I suspect it must have something to do with the internal functions in DFFS being confused when the datepicker is not looking like it expects.

I have had one other report on a similar issue, and will try to prevent this error in the next release, but this is not guaranteed to work.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.