Unable to get Installer to work

Forums Classic DFFS Unable to get Installer to work

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Aaron Hubbart
      Participant

Alexander,

I am in the process of upgrading my site from a custom built solution to one using your DFFS tool. I have been successfully utilizing your tool with the CEWP install method, but upgraded today and was trying to roll DFFS out to more lists. Note that I have my scripts installed at the site collection level. I have usually one CEWP at the bottom of my forms which contains my code for customizing my site. (See attachment 1.png) This is what my page looks like before installing. When I go to my installer page which is in the local site (not the root), it claims that everything installs appropriately (see attachment 2.png), however, when I navigate to the page, it doesn’t appear to work. This is what my page looks like after install (See attachment 3.png) You’ll notice no link to enter the DFFS Setup.

I have set

var spjs_scripts_in_current_site = false;

Please advise.

Aaron

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      From the “installer image” I notice that you have only installed in NewForm.

When updating from the CEWP version you must unfortunately remove the old CEWP manually as the installer cannot “see” the old CEWP.

Try manually removing the old CEWP, and then reload the form with the developer tools (hit F12 > Console) open to see if there are any errors there.

Alexander

Aaron Hubbart
      Participant

I am installing onto a list that has never had DFFS installed before. The CEWP has my own code on it and is unrelated to DFFS. I hadn’t installed Disp and Edit as NewForm wasn’t working yet. Do all need to be installed to work?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

No, you don’t need to add all forms for it to work. Could your custom code maybe interfere with DFFS?

What does the developer console reveal?

Alexander

Aaron Hubbart
      Participant

Ok, well I have added to other lists with my custom code without issue, but turns out that I was loading jquery as below after you load jquery, thus causing a versioning issue.

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js"></script>

For reference, attached was the error I was receiving. Removed my reference to jquery and all is well.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Aaron

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad we got this one resolved.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.