SharePoint 2013 Calendar People Picker setFieldValue

Forums Classic DFFS SharePoint 2013 Calendar People Picker setFieldValue

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

It seems that 2013 calendar people picker fields react differently than lists. I am attempting to setFieldValue and getting undefined. Is there a way to set a People Picker field within a Calendar form?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You are right, for some reason it doesn’t user the same picker control as the other forms.

You can work around it using this code:

// Set value
      jQuery("#dffs_ParticipantsPicker").find(".ms-inputuserfield").html("USER DISPLAY NAME");
      // Click the resolve picker icon
      jQuery("#dffs_ParticipantsPicker").find("a[id$='UserField_checkNames']").trigger("click");

Change “ParticipantsPicker” for your field internal name.

Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

Could this be a future enhancement? Should I add it to the requests forum?

Kasey
      Participant

Your solution worked nicely. Thank you. I attempted to set a rule on change of the people picker field to execute my function but that isn’t working either. I figured out a way around it but if you decide to add support of the setFieldValue could you also take a look at the on change issue? Thanks again.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have added support for get/set field value and using it as a trigger in DFFS: https://spjsblog.com/2018/01/21/dffs-package-updated-to-v4-4-3-37/

Basically I had to specify a fallback to SP 2010 functionaliy when handling people pickers in calendars.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.