Send an Email based on a value during Presave Action

Forums Classic DFFS Send an Email based on a value during Presave Action

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bryan R Babbitt
      Participant

Hi,
      I am brand new at Dynamic Forms and not much a programmer, so I am reaching out for some possible assistance.

Let me try to explain what I would like to do. I have a form that a users must enter time spent on an issue. However, during the issue, communications must be sent. The way the custom JS was written, the start and end time worked must be entered before the form save is allowed. However, the form must be saved to capture the communication information and for it to be sent out. Anyway, as a work around to this, the user just enters a 0 duration time for the time spent on the issue, so the communication can be sent and then must got back in to the record and correct the duration time.
      So what I would like to do is have a custom JS statement that looks at the duration time and if it is 0 or maybe even less than 5 minutes, that username is captured and an email is sent to that user reminding them that they have a time record with 0 minutes and that it needs to be updated. I’m thinking that maybe even workflow would work for this as well, but not sure how to create this or have it fire off through DFFS on the presave action.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not sure exactly what you mean, but DFFS cannot run as a scheduled task to find items with 0-value in the duration field after the form has been saved. It can however pick this up pre save and send an email.

Maybe you can have a look at this article and see if you can make use of it: https://spjsblog.com/2016/02/22/time-tracker-in-a-dffs-enabled-list/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.