Rule Trigger on People Picker field

Forums Classic DFFS Rule Trigger on People Picker field

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrice
      Participant

I cannot seem to get the trigger on a people picker field to work on either “is changed” or “is changed from initial value” in the NewForm or EditForm. In debugging the simple rule I created to merely set a field’s value on change I get the error “Match = False”; it doesn’t register that the field has changed from null to a person’s name. I am using the latest DFFS files, my server is running SP2013 back-end even though I’m still on the 2010 front-end. I was told this rule/trigger had been working prior to our 2013 upgrade. Is it because of the configuration of the display name in 2013? Is there a solution for this trigger?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have tried to fix some issues with these triggers in the latest “BETA” that I posted yesterday – you find it here

Could you try this and let me know is it fixes the issues?

Alexander

Patrice
      Participant

Yes, the trigger on the people picker field worked on both “is changed from Initial Value” and “is changed” Thank you!

HYM
      Participant

Hi Alexander, i’m facing the same issue on the new update any idea how to fix it? or it’s working fine on your side?

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Hi,
        Yes, this works fine here (on SP Online). Which version of SP are you running?

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

SP2013 on premise, but it’s not working at all .
      any idea?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply – I’m currently traveling and have limited access to email. Could you post (or email me) some more details / screenshots about your rule setup so I can take a look and try to recreate it in my test site?

Please include the version of DFFS you are running.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

The rule that i’m creating here is just to check the field Assigned To (People picker) if it’s value equal to the logged in user because if it’s not i want to hide some fields.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

This is most likely a timing issue – try adding a delay of for example 500ms in the defer textbox in the misc tab.

Alexander

HYM
        Participant

delay didn’t work for me , i will check how i can fix it and will get back to you.

Patrice
      Participant

Update to my original post from a year ago. I have updated all my files to the most recent version v4.4.3.47. This rule which triggers on the People Picker field has been intermittent – sometimes it runs just fine and sometimes it doesn’t run at all. Adding the delay seems to have improved performance and may have done the trick. Thanks!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.