Required fields feature not working on calendar list

Forums Classic DFFS Required fields feature not working on calendar list

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Artaker
      Participant

Hello!

Again another thing, which might be already solved with a newer version of DFFS, though I could not find much about the support for calendar lists.

Problem:
      I have required fields on not only the first tab, so I checked the “Show list of empty required fields above the form” option in the misc configuration. But this doesn’t work at all 🙁
      Hitting the “Save” button results in reloading, then the standard messages from SharePoint show the missing required fields. But no info bar on top of the tabs.

Another thing I noticed: Whenever I set a date field to required and try to save while it’s empty, the whole validation seems to break. I only get a black notification text below this one field, but other required fields are ignored, no red tabs, no jumping to the field, etc. (But this also happens on the standard calendar list form, without any DFFS added :()

Tested this feature on a normal list (without content types as well) works fine.
      Tested this feature on an contact list (with custom contact content tpye) and it works fine as well.

What did I miss?

Short scenario:
      SPS 2013 Enterprise on-premis
      SPJS folder in on site collection, files used on a subsite (of said sitecollection)
      List is a calendar list with a custom content type (parent is event content type)
      List has many lookup fields and vlookup fields, tabs and rules used, etc.

Version information
      Autocomplete: 1.4.6
      Cascading dropdowns: 3.527
      DFFS frontend: 4.365
      DFFS frontend CSS: 4.14 / 4.14
      jQuery: 1.12.1
      Lookup: 1.12
      Resource management: 2.42
      SPJS-Utility: 1.260
      vLookup: frontend v2.264

Thanks
      Best regards,
      Nicole

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Artaker.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I tested this on a calendar list now, and it seems this is an issue with the calendar list template. This template is actually more SP 2010 than 2013 (look at the people pickers and the RTE fields), and it performs the field validation in a different way than the other list types.

I’ll try to address this in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.