Replace ; with line feed

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Replace ; with line feed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phil Grant 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Phil Grant
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a field that contains multiple entries selected by checkboxes that currently display one after the other separated by “;” and I would like to display them as a list of separate items.

Is it possible to do a character replace on the “;” for a new line feed?

I have

Item1;Item2;Item3;Item4

I would like

Item1
    Item2
    Item3
    Item4

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I guess this is in DispForm? – if so, you can add something like this to your Custom JS:

var raw = getFieldValue("YourFieldName");
    jQuery("#dffs_YourFieldName td.ms-formbody").html(raw.split(";").join("<br>"));

Replace “YourFieldName” with your field name.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Thanks, I’ll give it a go, yes it is in the display form.

Phil Grant
    Participant

Alexander,
    I tried the JS but it doesn’t work, I’m guessing that it’s because of the spaces in the field name? I tried various ways of writing it including escape characters in front of the spaces, underscores instead of spaces but nothing worked.

Hopefully this is easy when you know the language, this is what I have: –

var raw = getFieldValue("Projects also affected");
    jQuery("#dffs_Projects also affected td.ms-formbody").html(raw.split(";").join("<br>"));

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

You must use the FieldInternalName – look at the Fields tab in DFFS backend to find the correct name.

Alexander

Phil Grant
    Participant

LoL, that’s the only thing I didn’t try because you usually write FeildInternalName in the code when you want us to use it, this time I though YourFieldName specifically meant not to use the FIN.

It works now thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.