Read Only Fields on Edit Form Hidden

Forums Classic DFFS Read Only Fields on Edit Form Hidden

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Wolfe
      Participant

I’m using a Form is Ready rule to make some fields read only on the Edit form. I’ve done this loads of times without issue but I’m now not able to see the field value at all. I have a text field and a Person field exhibiting this behaviour.

DFFS Backend v4.260|CSS version: 4.02 / |spjs-utility version: 1.206
      Office 365 team site.

If I F12 the page I can see the SharePoint fields with display:none but I can’t see any text replacing them.

Any ideas?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      It’s not entirely clear to me whether you see the line in the form, but with no value in the “formbody” position, or if the fields is completely hidden from the form.

If it is the last, look at the Misc tab to ensure the field has not been set as hidden there, or if perhaps another rule hides the field.

If it is not the issue, please attach a few screenshots of the rule and the source code from F12.

Alexander

Andrew Wolfe
      Participant

The field placeholder shows with the hashing that’s normally there for a read only field but no actual field. Screenshots etc. below.

On another list on the site the read only rule works as expected. I seem to have a couple of lists where it just doesn’t. The problem lists were created from the Calendar list template but I’ve hidden all the extra fields like: all day event and recurrence

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This looks strange. Are these fields filled on load by some sort or custom code, or do they have a value already when the form loads?

If you do fill these on load, try delaying the DFFS solution from the setting in the Misc tab.

Alexander

Andrew Wolfe
      Participant

This is the Edit form. Both fields already had values that were set in the NewForm but that the user shouldn’t then be able to change. I tried a 1000ms delay with no change.
      Would a login to have a look be any use to you?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, if I could look at it, I think I can figure this out. Email me the login details.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.