Problems with google charts appearing

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Problems with google charts appearing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Has anyone experienced issues with Google charts not appearing on a page when first loaded and taking a couple of refreshes to appear, also sometimes I cannot get them to appear at all, if I click on page edit and then publish the charts appear.

This is happening to the majority of users but not everybody.

This happens in Edge and Chrome with SP 2019 modern pages with the Modern CEWP web part.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Phil Grant.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Not sure what could cause this issue, but you might find some clues if you hit F12 > Console and look for errors there when loading the page.

Alexander

SteveE
      Participant

I’ve had this problem before. I found that running any other scripts on the page have to be contained inside of the web part that has the chart. I think it’s a page timing issue.

Phil Grant
      Participant

Alexander – I looked at F12 console but can’t really see anything that I can understand 🙁 my IT support say they cannot replicate the failure so cannot help.
      The only thing I can see that may be causing the issue is:
      =======================================================================================
      Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined VM3407:1
      at Object.init (eval at <anonymous> (VCR-Home-Page.aspx:9:1), <anonymous>:1:103559)
      at eval (eval at <anonymous> (VCR-Home-Page.aspx:9:1), <anonymous>:1:197714)
      =======================================================================================

SteveE – Thanks, I tried removing the other scripts from the page but I still had the same issue

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Do you have multiple charts in the same page? – if so, you must only link to the SPJSCharts_loader.html file in one of them – preferably the one at the bottom of the page to ensure all other chart-placeholders are loaded before the chart are initiated.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Yes I do only link to the loader,html only once.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Can you email me (or anonymize and post here) some screenshots of the page in EditMode so I can see your web part configuration?

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.