Prevent Close Overlay

Forums General discussion Prevent Close Overlay

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Taylor Scott
      Participant

Hi Alex, every so often for whatever reason someone will have an issue that prompts the “wow this took forever – close this overlay” message. My problem is that if someone wants to, they could potentially trigger this, and/or if they do receive this message they have the ability to click a box to remove all controls my form has put in place.

I would rather have someone who recieves an error or loading issue be unable to act in any way. Preventing the overlay closure would be my preference. Is there a way to stop the user / turn off this function?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Edit the file /SPJS/DFFS/loader/DFFS_loader_overlay.html and change this:

dffs_overlay_timeout = setTimeout(function(){
          var oDiv = document.getElementById("dffs_loadingOverlay"), iDiv = document.getElementById("dffs_loadingOverlayInner");
          if(oDiv !== null){
              iDiv.innerHTML = "<div style='font-size:20px;width:"+w+"px;text-align:center;padding-top:100px;'>This took forever!<span style='font-size:12px'><br>Click to close this overlay.</span></div>";
              oDiv.onclick = function(){
                  this.parentNode.removeChild(this);
                  setTimeout(function(){
                      document.querySelectorAll("table.ms-formtable")[0].style.position = "static";
                  },500);
              };
          }
      },dffs_overlay_timeout_value);

to this:

dffs_overlay_timeout = setTimeout(function(){
          var oDiv = document.getElementById("dffs_loadingOverlay"), iDiv = document.getElementById("dffs_loadingOverlayInner");
          if(oDiv !== null){
              iDiv.innerHTML = "<div style='font-size:20px;width:"+w+"px;text-align:center;padding-top:100px;'>This took forever!</div>";
          }
      },dffs_overlay_timeout_value);

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

I think this is really useful, so might be worth including as an option in the core DFFS package. The last thing you want after setting up logic on a form is to have someone bypass it, especially if you don’t realise that they have.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have already removed the possibility to click to remove the overlay in the latest version of DFFS.

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

Excellent as always Alexander. I think I need to update to the latest version.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.