Prev/Next tab buttons were working, now they aren't

Forums General discussion Prev/Next tab buttons were working, now they aren't

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Lisa Heenan
      Participant

Hi there,

I have a build where we have a tab that is by permission vs another tab that is open to all. We had the prev/next tabs installed and all was working as intended. Suddenly, those who are not in the priv. access group for the locked down tab the buttons no longer work. They still work for those with the priv. access to the tab.

Any idea why this suddenly “broke” or how to fix?

Thanks!

Lisa

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure exactly – do you see any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > Console)?

Did you maybe update DFFS to a later version when this stopped working?

Alexander

Lisa Heenan
      Participant

I do not see errors in the console and no, we did not change version of DFFS.

Lisa Heenan
      Participant

I should also mention this is happening on two separate lists on two separate site collections.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’ll have to look into it and see if I can reproduce it. Can you tell me which version of DFFS you are running, and some details on your setup so I can set up a similar test.

For example: Order of the tabs – is the hidden tab the first one, or in between other tabs. How many tabs do you have left when the private access tabs have been hidden?

Alexander

Lisa Heenan
      Participant

We are using v4.4.3.24|CSS version: 4.39 / 4.39|spjs-utility version: 1.312 on both lists where we have seen this happen.

The restricted tab is next to last. Tabs before it is variable depending on selection of which area on first tab. The restricted tab is always next to last tab regardless.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I tested now, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue. Are you using a rule to hide the tab, or some custom js?

When you say the buttons don’t work – is nothing happening when you click the buttons, or do you need to click multiple times to get past the hidden tab?

I don’t recall having changed anything specific with this functionality in later versions, but I tested on the current version and not the version you are running (which is from 2017).

Alexander

Lisa Heenan
      Participant

On a hunch, I re-arranged the tabs so that the restricted tab is last. Buttons work now for everyone. So it would seem there is some relationship to the buttons and the tab order if one is restricted? I’d like to know if there is a way around this as the flow of information is now a bit off with the movement of the restricted tab.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you found a workaround. I’m as mentioned not able to recreate this issue so I cannot do anything to prevent it, but hope you can test it again if you update to a later version of DFFS.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.