Original form labels visible before DFFS page refresh

Forums Classic DFFS Original form labels visible before DFFS page refresh

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony Bowes
      Participant

We are moving from 4.257 using the CEWP method to 4.359 with the DFFS loader site column (SharePoint online). The forms that have moved over now seem to briefly display the labels of the original form before resetting into the DFFS form. It feels like it’s processing the original form all the way down to the added DFFS Loader field, then resetting to the new form. This effect is more noticeable on forms with many fields. Is there a way to short-circuit the old form to immediately go to DFFS?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Unfortunately the loading of the overlay that “hides” the form while loading is loaded by the DFFS_Loader column, and in some cases the forms flashes “unformatted” (FOUC) before DFFS is properly loaded.

I’m aware of the problem, and are trying to figure out a better solution, but for now the best is to use the “DFFS_JSLink_FormOverlay.html” found in the CEWP folder and adding it to the TOP of the form you experience the FOUC in.

Can you test this and let me know how it performs?

Alexander

Tony Bowes
      Participant

Thanks again for the speedy reply.

Yes, this works well.

nils.enhoerning
      Participant

I encounter the same phenomenon of FOUC while using the october release while using the CEWP version of the solution on a display from with a lot of multiline text fields. The
      DFFS_JSLink_FormOverlay.html approach unfortunately does not seem to be working in this case and the white block hiding the form just does not disappear once the form is loaded.

Is there any way to alter the script to make the jslink overlay fix work for the cewp version of dffs?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Did you use the file “DFFS_frontend_overlay.html” from the latest release?

Alexander

jstadick
      Participant

just converted to the non CEWP method, and I’m also seeing the unformatted FOUC. I’ve added DFFS_frontend_overlay.html to a CEWP at the top of the page.

The overlay shows (DFFS is Loading..) but never closes. You have to click on it. What am I missing here or doing wrong?

Thanks,
      John

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

When using the JSLink version you must use “DFFS_JSLink_FormOverlay.html” and not “DFFS_frontend_overlay.html”.

Did you use the new DFFS version I posted yesterday, or the October version?

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.