Ordering x axis categories in Column chart

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Ordering x axis categories in Column chart

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Does anyone know if it’s possible to manually configure the order of the x axis categories?
      I have the x axis values as a string but I want to pre-define the order and not have them alphabetically sorted, ie.

[option1, option4, option2, option5, option3]

Thanks,
      Phil

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Phil Grant.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, you must use the “Substitute string values in datatable” in the “Group, sort and substitute” tab. Basically you need to for example prefix the options with a number (or A, B, C, …) in the order you want then presented. This will then sort them alphabetically in the new order.

More info here: https://spjsblog.com/spjs-charts-for-sharepoint/spjs-charts-for-sharepoint-user-manual/#Substitute_string_values_in_datatable

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Thanks but I assume this is for version 6.1, I’m using version 3.4 although I’m trying to get version 6 up and running and hope to change to version 6.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, in this case you must add a calculated column to your list where you add a prefix to the options to have them sorted alphabetically.

I’ll look into the IE issue and hope to find a workaround for the “IE8 document mode” incompatibility.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.