Old Values

Forums SPJS-Lookup Old Values

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

What will happen in the following scenarios. I would like to utilize this plugin but need to figure out the best way.

1. My lookup list contains Apples Oranges, Bananas. A list item was created with the value of Oranges. In the lookup list Oranges is changed to Grapefruit. When I edit my list item will the value be Oranges or Grapefruit?
      2. My lookup list contains Apples Oranges, Bananas. A list item was created with the value of Oranges. In the lookup list Oranges was deleted. When I edit my list item will the value be Oranges or will it be blank or will it be the first available option of Apples?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This solution is based on storing the value in a text field and the link to the lookup list is not “live”. This means the selected value will not be updated when you change or delete the original item in the lookup list.

When you choose to edit the list item with the SPJS-Loolup solution, your previous selections will be reevaluated, and any invalid options will be cleared – and the dropdown will fall back to “select a value”.

If you want to preserve invalid values when editing an existing list item, you can look at the cascading dropdown solution as this has an option to allow this.

Its not obvious, but if you use it with only one “level” you have a single lookup.

Hope this answered your question.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.