Not able to send emails

Forums Classic DFFS Not able to send emails

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi,

I am not able to send emails using DFFS. I have enabled the “Email active tab” option just to how emails get sent and found out that its throwing an error. Here is the Error.

{“error”:{“code”:”-2130242040, Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException”,”message”:{“lang”:”en-US”,”value”:”The e-mail message cannot be sent. Make sure the e-mail has a valid recipient.”}}}

The email address is valid and it is internal. I am not sure why i am getting this error. Any help would be great.

Thank you,
      Amal

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Which version of DFFS are you using?

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

DFFS v4.4.2.5

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s hard to tell, but is this a problem for only one user, or for everyone?

Try opening the developer console (hit F12 > Console) when in DispForm, and type this in the console:

spjs.dffs.verifyEmail("put the users email address here");

This will return true if valid, and false if invalid.

If it returns false, and you are confident the email address is valid, you can try adding this snippet to the Custom JS in DispForm of this form:

spjs.dffs.verifyEmail = function(){
          return true;
      }

Then go back to the form and try sending the email again.

If this will not deliver the email, I suggest you use the “Use custom list with workflow to send E-Mails” option in the top of the “E-Mail and Print” tab. This requires you to create a simple workflow – see user manual for details.

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I tried the first command you recommended and it returned true. I tried enabling the print active tab option and sending an email, but it failed returning back the same error message as i mentioned above. Let me know what i can do next.

Thank you,
      Amal

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It might be a general problem with sending email using REST. Are you able to set up the list with the workflow to send the emails? – you find more info in the user manual.

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi Alex, i found what the actual problem is. In order for emails to work properly, the user needs to have at least contribute rights to the site collection or DFFS_Email list depending on the method being used.

Hope this limitation can be worked on to make it work without giving users this much permission. Is it possible to have DFFS plugin work under a specific user that way DFFS doesnt need to rely on users permission?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out. Unfortunately I cannot make this work without the user having permission because it’s using a built-in functionality in SharePoint to send the e-mails.

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.