NewForm vLookup edit children

Forums vLooup for SharePoint NewForm vLookup edit children

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony Bowes
      Participant

We have a NewForm with an attached vLookup. I can add new children without and issue, but cannot seem to go back and edit the added child. If I save the parent record and edit the parent record, I see the options to edit or view the child records. The DFFS setups for both EditForm and NewForm are identical.

Inside the vLookup settings there is an option to make “Edit item visible in: DispForm, EditForm, List” but not NewForm.

Is there a way to have users edit and added child record from a NewForm?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Do you use the latest version of vLookup? – if you look at the change log I fixed an issue with NewForm in vLookup frontend v2.2.70 (July 10, 2016): https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-change-log/

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Alexander

Tony Bowes
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

From the changelog it looked like the fixed issue was that the added items were not appearing. On my list the items are appearing, but they are not able to be edited again (no icons next to record to edit / view. see attached pic). Once the form is closed and opened in display or edit mode the linked record can be edited or viewed.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I see – this is currently not supported but I’ll add it to the next release and hopefully get it out during this week.

Alexander

Tony Bowes
      Participant

Thanks for the support.

Tony Bowes
      Participant

Edit item visible in: NewForm
      Working well. Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.