Newform Dispform Editform Regeneration

Forums Classic DFFS Newform Dispform Editform Regeneration

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      gerrits
      Participant

Not sure what this functionality is called, otherwise I could perhaps search and find the instructions..

I’m pretty sure I can overwrite or clone the config settings from one form (say newform) and use it to create a new editform (without having to manually duplicate the changes). I believe we always want the form config to stay in sync.

Say I change a few things in my newform config, but instead of re-making those changes in the other two forms, I can just create a new copy of the newform config, to be used by the edit or disp forms.

Does anyone know what I’m referring to? Please point me to the steps if possible.

Keith Hudson
      Participant

I know of two ways to do this. One way would be to export the config for the New Form using the Misc tab in the configuration page, then import that config into the Edit Form on the Misc tab.

However, I find it quicker and easier to just delete the Edit form after I’ve made changes to the New Form, then open the config for the Edit form. When asked whether I want to copy an existing config, I choose New Form.

I hope this helps.

gerrits
        Participant

Thank you Keith. That is what I needed. Now I just need to find where the guy who installed dffs put it. I’m sure it’s in the installation manual.

Keith Hudson
      Participant

DFFS is installed in a document library called SPJS. If you look in Site Contents, you should be able to find it.

By the way, if you have a SharePoint practice site, its a great idea to practice installing DFFS yourself and play with it. It is especially helpful to do something that will benefit you in real life.

For instance, I have a practice site I can reach on my phone, and I have built a Blood Glucose tracker that I use several times a day, since I am diabetic and use insulin. Building an app that is just for me allows me to do enhancements, and in doing so, learn a lot about DFFS and SharePoint. I have figured out how to format my app so it looks good on my phone and is easy to use. It took me about a year of researching here and there to finally get it to where it is, and my skills have increased as a result.

gerrits
      Participant

That’s nice. I found the SPJS library, but still not seeing where to delete the forms. I just used the import/export method.

Keith Hudson
      Participant

To delete the configuration for the Edit form, for instance, just click the Delete button at the top right or bottom right of the configuration page. You’ll get a warning, which you will accept. You will be returned to the native SharePoint edit form. Scroll to the bottom of the form, and click on the “Enhanced with DFFS” tag to open up the config again. You will get a prompt that there is no config for this form — do you want to copy one from another form? Choose the New Form to copy from.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.