New version sept 20

Forums Classic DFFS New version sept 20

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      William Summers
      Participant

Good day sir
      Everything works as expected. One quick thought and question. You state that if the files are at the root to change “/SPJS/DFFS/loader/DFFS_loader.html” and in “/SPJS/DFFS/vLookup_ListView.html to false. The comment is that the vlookup is already set to false when downloading the new version. That being said, this solution requires me to then add the spjs library to each subsite and create the webpage it sounds like yes? If not, how would I get the subsite to use the root level files? I tried changing both to false, then adding a page to a library and connecting the CEWP to the root level install file.

Cheers!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know about the inconsistency. The file “vLookup_ListView.html” should have the same setting as “DFFS_loader.html” – I have fixed this in the zip-file and uploaded it again.

The reason for setting the default value to false on the variable “spjs_scripts_in_current_site” is to make it easier to add to a new page without messing with existing versions or files in the root site.

If you want to have the files in the root of the site collection, just add the SPJS document library there, an change the variable in “DFFS_loader.html” and in “vLookup_ListView.html”:

var spjs_scripts_in_current_site = false;

I does look like I have a bug somewhere as other are reporting different issues. I’ll be looking into these issues and will post an update if I can sort these out.

Alexander

William Summers
      Participant

ok great info! I think I mis spoke here. the main question I have is this.
      I create a spjs library on the root site. upload the DFFS folder and everything works great.
      I go to a subsite and want to install dffs. Do I need to add the spjs library and dffs to the subsite or is there a way to create just a page in the subsite and point it to the root installer file? Hope this makes more sense but so far, awesome as always!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You are supposed to link to the installer from the root site, but I did a test and the installer has a bug that fails to load in this configuration (uses context from current site and note the root site = query fails). I’ll look at it and post an update later tonight.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This should be fixed in the September 21 version. Please check it out and let me know how it works out.

Alexander

William Summers
      Participant

OK so I am updating my last post. For some reason it is not working. I deleted the old dffs folder and uploaded the new 21st one after making sure the vars are correct. The install on a new list goes fine. When I go to the form, the overlay loads fine but then I get the error that dffs is not installed correctly.

I make a new site and a new list. Do the same thing and everything works fine. I am assuming there is something left over causing the original to not work. I am going to dig a little further.

William Summers
      Participant

OK last update I think. I completely deleted the spjs library and its contents. Something in there seems to have been the issue. I then recreated the library, uploaded the dffs folder to it, recreated a new list and installed dffs on it and it is now working. Great work sir as always!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

William Summers
      Participant

ok still working through a few things. In a list leveraging jslink. I ran the setup, uninstalled the jslink, installed using the installer. The new form works great and as expected. The edit form gives me the error dffs loader failed to load. /sites…/…dffs/js/dffs_backend_min.js. attaching picture.

I tried to delete the record in the config list (spjs configuration) for the edit form, re-import the config and same error.

On display form, it sits at the overlay and never recovers. I will continue to troublshoot.

William Summers
      Participant

update to above… I deleted the config for it. reinstalled dffs on the list. Opened the edit form and copied the config from the new form. same error. will try to create a brand new one.

William Summers
      Participant

update: sorry about all the posts but maybe someone is following along…
      I deleted the config for the edit form again. When entering dffs on the edit form, instead of copying from the new form this time I just created a new config and it seems to have solved the issue. That being said, seems like maybe the new version does not like either the rules or tabs of js or css or html or something. It is highly customized form for anyone wondering.

William Summers
      Participant

update: last one….
      All of my issues can be traced back to the masterpage loading an old version of jquery. That being said, maybe this will help others.

debugging lead me to this. masterpage loads old version of jquery my company uses. I used a CEWP and in the source placed <script src=”/sites/yoursite/spjs/dffs/plugins/jquery.js”></script> to point it at the correct one. Wow what a long thread for something that is our own fault….

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I hope this resolves it permanently so you don’t have more trouble.

Best regards,
      Alexander

William Summers
      Participant

it will. I am requesting that it be removed. It affects almost 20k sites and is crazy… before my time it was placed but no reason any more.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.