Need to add new field on Dynamic Forms For Sharepoint

Forums Classic DFFS Need to add new field on Dynamic Forms For Sharepoint

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi
      Am a newbie to DFFS; and need to add a new field to Dynamic Form.
      Can anyone guide me to achieve this requirement.
      Does DFFS require any server side component or only client side JS libraries are sufficient..
      Thanks in advance for any help!
      Best Regards
      Narayana

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This is entirely client side, and to add a new field, just go to your list settings and add it as you would to any other form. You also find the “Add new field” in the Misc tab if you are using SP2010 or 2013.

If this is a general question on how to get into the DFFS configuration, this should be covered in the user manual.

Hope this helps you on the way,
      Alexander

Hi Alexander,
      Thanks very much for your response. I have gone through the user manual in detail. The DFFS Backend utility is where you can customize the fields in the form. How do I get access to the backend Utility form interface. Do we need server access for any other reason to use DFFS. Are the configurations held in a config file on the server? We are using SP 2007.
      Wish to thank you again for your help.
      Regards
      Narayana

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delay.

You enter the backend configuration from the link “Enhanced with DFFS” below the form (NewForm, DispForm and EditForm).

No need to add any code to the server side. All is stored in a list in the site you set up DFFS in (you can see this list in All site contents, but this is not to be hand edited).

Hope this helps,
      Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.