Multi select casscading dropdown

Forums General discussion Multi select casscading dropdown

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bryan R Babbitt
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I have a multi tier multi-select box. On the edit form when I add an additional choice to the first option the additional boxes clear what was previously there. Is there a way to have those choices not clear when selecting your choices from the top multi-select tear.

Thanks for any assistance,
      Bryan

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I did a quick test and suspects that you might have selected the wrong field type for the multiline placeholder field – it must be Multiple lines of text – plain text and NOT “Rich text (Bold, italics, text alignment, hyperlinks)”.

PS: This will only fail if you use Internet Explorer because this old type of rich text only works in IE.

Alexander

Bryan R Babbitt
      Participant

Hi Alex,
      I verified that all of my Fields were marked as multi text and in plain text which was correct however in the plug in for the cascading drop-down I did have in the mix some single line that was an old feel that I wasn’t going to be using any longer but was required field I suspect that is what was causing the issue because they were very similar to the new Fields I was using. after removing those fields and then copying the plugin from the new form and Payson it over to the edit form it seemed to correct the issue.

However I did not change anything on the new form which never seemed to have an issue so I am not sure what the issue was between the two cascading lookups from the new form to the edit form.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you got it sorted out.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.