"Missing ID parameter for the list item in the URL" after upload on doc library

Forums Classic DFFS "Missing ID parameter for the list item in the URL" after upload on doc library

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      AdamP
      Participant

I’ve previously only used DFFS with lists rather than libraries, and have just run into a problem the first time I’ve loaded it into a library – I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if libraries aren’t fully supported.

Everything works as expected on a plain old editform.aspx, so when editing an existing item in the library DFFS loads and runs normally.

Obviously there is no newform.aspx on a library, so new items are added via an upload.aspx, followed by an editform.aspx to complete the metadata. When I apply DFFS to the editform.aspx and upload a new file I get the error “Missing ID parameter for the list item in the URL” at the point where DFFS loads on editform.aspx – it fails leaving editform completely unmodified.
      It looks as though there is an ID for the item in the URL, but DFFS is failing to see it.

Upload url (DFFS error) – http://Site/Library/Forms/EditForm.aspx?Mode=Upload&CheckInComment=&ID=8&RootFolder=%2FSite%2FLibrary&Source=http%3A%2F%2FSite%2FLibrary%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx

Edit url (DFFS works normally) – http://Site/Library/Forms/EditForm.aspx?ID=8&Source=http%3A%2F%2FSite%2FLibrary%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx&RootFolder=%2FSite%2FLibrary&ContentTypeId=0x010100964301C572AE224F84A7DC4914E4A5DE

Can anyone offer any ideas as to whether this should work, and if so, what the problem might be?

DFFS frontend 4.350
      DFFS backend 4.350
      SPJS-utility 1.25
      Jquery 1.11.3

Thanks

Adam

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll look into it.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This should be fixed in DFFS_frontend_min.js v4.353 – can you test it to see if it behaves properly?

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

Success!

Thanks Alexander, I’ve only done a very quick test of the new file (after remembering to clear the browser cache!!!!) and I am able to traverse from upload.aspx to the following ediform.aspx with DFFS loading exactly as it should. I’ll do some more thorough checking later on.

Thanks for the swift turnaround, very much appreciated.

Adam

Ian Patrick
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I’ve started to get the DFFS ‘Missing ID’ error as above on the New Form in my list since loading a new DFFS version published Oct 06 2015 04:01:58pm (Frontend V4.357, CSS 4.10, JQuery 1.11.3, SPJS-Utilities 1.252). It is for a list not a library as above. The Edit form works fine on this list. I’ve tried deleting the configuration for the Newform and I’ve cleared out the browser cache as suggested above. Also, this version works fine on other Newforms on other lists. Any help greatly appreciated.
      Kind regards

Ian

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Can you post the URL to your NewForm? – replace the domain with “contoso.com” to not reveal your real domain name.

Alexander

Ian Patrick
      Participant

Hi Alexander, thank you for the rapid response. The issue appears to have resolved itself. I recreated the NewForm itself from another list and edited the ListIDs put the CEWPs back in and it started working. I guess there was some problem with the NewForm I had that I couldn’t see any issue with the CEWPs and used the same ones as on the previous NewForm. Thank you very much for your response…. By the way I love the new functionality in this version. I’ll send you another beer.. or 2
      Kind regards

Ian

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked out.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.