Lookup manager from one table to put in another

Forums General discussion Lookup manager from one table to put in another

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jeff Lynch
      Participant

This may be a redundant question and advance apology if it is but:
      I am trying to populate a people picker field in a list with the people picker value from another list where the Title of the other list matches the selected field of the new list.

I could make a cascading dropdown that only has one value but how can i make it so that it automatically populates those related people picker values on save?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Use something like this that you trigger on change rule on the field in the “new list”:

function getPPValueFromAnotherList(){
          var res, searchVal, item, ppId, ppLogin;
          searchVal = getFieldValue("ChoiceColumnInNewList");
          res = spjs.utility.queryItems({"listName":"ListNameOfOtherList","query":"<Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='FieldToSearchInOtherList' /><Value Type='Text'>"+searchVal+"</Value></Eq></Where>","viewFields":["PeoplePickerField"]});
          if(res.count > 0){
              item = res.items[0];
              if(item.PeoplePickerField!== null){
                  ppId = item.PeoplePickerField.split(";#")[0];
                  ppLogin = spjs.utility.userInfo(ppId).Name;
                  setFieldValue("PeoplePickerFieldInNewList",ppLogin);
              }
          }
      }
      • Change “ChoiceColumnInNewList” with the fieldinternalname of the field in the new list.
      • Change “FieldToSearchInOtherList” with the fieldinternalname of the field to find the matching value in the other list.
      • Change “PeoplePickerField” with the fieldinternalname of the field in the other list where the person is found.
      • Change “PeoplePickerFieldInNewList” with the fieldinternalname of the peoplepicker field in the new list.
      • Change “ListNameOfOtherList” with the display name or GUID of the other list.

Hope this helps you on the way.

Alexander

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Added missing info
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.