Installation issue?

Forums General discussion Installation issue?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Leonid
      Participant

Few things I observe:
      {var:xxx} – doesn’t work
      {{var:xxx}} – works. Same with field name
      spjs.dffs.getFieldValue(xxx) – doesn’t work
      getFieldValue(xxx) – works
      getFieldValue(“ContentType”) – returns empty in custom JS fired after form loaded
      Rule with ContentType works

is something I’m missing?

Leonid
      Participant

here are snapshots

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,

• {var:xxx} only works if the variable is available when the form is rendered.
      • {{var:xxx}} will change when the variable changes and works also when the variable is not available on load.
      • spjs.dffs.getFieldValue needs this format: spjs.dffs.getFieldValue({“fin”:”FieldInternalName”});
      • getFieldValue(“ContentTypeChoice”); can be used in EditForm. NewForm does not have the content type choice field and DispForm does not reveal it either, but it can be retrieved with som custom js.

To show the content type in a heading / HTML section in EditForm you must use {ContentTypeChoice}.

Alexander

Leonid
      Participant

Thx Alex, ContentTypeChoice works great! BTW, the field not included into DFFS Fields TAB wheras ContentType is.

{var:xxx} doesn’t work for me though. I have var xxx; defined in Custom JS globally. The value is assigned within a function called by Rule triggered “Form is Ready”

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The “Form is ready” rule is triggered last – when all other rules have finished. Maybe you can try changing the trigger to “The form is initiated”.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.