Increasing sum of all columns in a SharePoint list above 8,000 KB?

Forums General discussion Increasing sum of all columns in a SharePoint list above 8,000 KB?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Scott Van Eerden
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for all your support. This site and your expertise is remarkable.

It appears that the sum of all columns in a SharePoint list cannot exceed 8,000 bytes. Each field type has a size per column, for example:

Single line of text: 30 bytes
      Number: 14 bytes
      Yes / No: 7 bytes

I have reached my limit on a SharePoint list, yet I need to add more. I’ve gone through a large process of removing redundant fields and consolidating where possible and that yielded some extra field space, but not nearly enough.

Do you know of any workarounds to increase total column size of a list? In the “New” form view, is it possible to access multiple SharePoint lists simultaneously if I cannot increase the size above 8,000 KB?

Regards,
      Scott

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks!

I don’t know of any way of increasing this limit, but maybe you can use the vLookup plugin to create child forms that are linked to the parent “hub” – this way you can store parts of the data in a list, but still see all data when you open a form in DispForm or EditForm.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.