Idea for expanding limited access to forms

Forums Classic DFFS Idea for expanding limited access to forms

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Travis Goodman
      Participant

Hello,

Just saw your blog post regarding limiting access to forms, which is a great solution.

I wanted to expand on that, and see if there can be a future enhancement made so that we can make entire tabGroups as read-only in a rule instead of having to add each individual field into the readonly section of the rule. Just would allow for faster implementation. Also, maybe have an asterisk * as an option to denote all fields as well in a rule. So instead of having to select each individual field, I could just select the asterisk.

This would be when you don’t want to block anyone from editing the form, but they should only be able to edit like a very small number of fields.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

In the later version you can assign a group id to fields and use the group id to set all readonly – have you checked this out?

Alexander

Travis Goodman
      Participant

I’ll take “Ways to feel stupid” for $500, Alex! 🙂

I am laughing at myself right now, I totally missed the latest update to DFFS that has this, and I’m over here thinking I had a great idea haha. Thanks! I will upgrade to the new DFFS later this week. Donation incoming! Thanks for all you do, Alex.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

No need to feel stupid – it was a good idea and I hope the group id makes it easier to do what you wanted.

Thanks for the donation!

Best regards,
        Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.