Hybrid of Autocomplete and Cascading Dropdowns

Forums Requests Hybrid of Autocomplete and Cascading Dropdowns

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      AdamP
      Participant

I think this one could be fairly easy to create, I’m just not clever enough to make it happen.

A project I’m working on in requires that users locate a site name from thousands of possibilities (hence use of spjs autocomplete) – there are lots of variations of naming so free text typing to narrow down the options is a must.

The next step is to select a choice based on the site name…in this case choose a building name on the selected site. The same functionality that spjs cascading dropdowns provides – the difference being that because there are so many possibilities for site name the dropdown route isn’t really workable.

Would it be possible to create a hybrid of the two solutions to make this process simple? I guess it could be used for multiple levels.

I think my workaround for this in the short term may be to use a dummy column and DFFS to use the autocomplete and then pass that value to the first cascading dropdowns field (hidden). I’m not sure how well that will work out but I’ll give it a go.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.