Getting Total from vLookup

Forums Classic DFFS Getting Total from vLookup

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Todd Ingersoll
      Participant

Can you provide a clear step by step process to capture the Total from my vLookup call and save it as a column (‘Total Lbs’, for instance) in the parent form on Form Save?

Attachments:
      Todd Ingersoll
      Participant

I’ve seen this post: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/sum-multiple-vlookup-total-columns/, but just can’t seem to translate it into my simpler case. I just need some direction to help get going. I have the vLookup working just need to capture the total and save to list, should be simple I think. I will document this for other’s use as I think this is a strong use case.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you have a relatively new vLookup version you find the total here:

spjs.vLookup.dataObj["vLookup_YOUR_VLOOKUP_FIELD][spjs.dffs.data.thisItemID].tot["THE_FIELD_YOU_WANT_THE_TOTAL_FROM"]

Alexander

Todd Ingersoll
        Participant

Thanks for this Alexeander, I got the edit form working with your code (code below). My vLookup field is Batches, The field I am totaling is Dried_x0020_LBs.

You were correct in that the less modern vLookup code referenced in the other article above does not work with more recent ones, I have v2.2.84.

Would you happen to know how I can use this on the new form when the “.thisItemID” isn’t known yet?

//Wait until vLookup loads
        function vLookupIsLoadedCallback(fin){
        if(fin === "vLookupBatches"){
        	//Get Total Pounds from vLookup
        	var vLookupTotal = spjs.vLookup.dataObj["vLookupBatches"][spjs.dffs.data.thisItemID].tot["Dried_x0020_LBs"];
        	setFieldValue('P1pounds',vLookupTotal);
        }
        }
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Try bringing up the developer tools and type in

spjs.vLookup.dataObj

Hit enter, and look at the output to see how the _vLookupID column is used as ID.

You must have the column “_vLookupID” (single line of text) in the list you are using vLookup with, and can get the value like this:

var myID = getFieldValue("_vLookupID");
      var vLookupTotal = spjs.vLookup.dataObj["vLookupBatches"][myID].tot["Dried_x0020_LBs"];

Alexander

Todd Ingersoll
        Participant

This worked like a charm exactly as you described. I just hadn’t thought about getFieldValue().

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.