Gantt Charts

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Gantt Charts

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Hi,
      Has anyone got a Gantt up and running with a task list in SharePoint, I just can’t seem to get it to do anything but give “error”.

Cheers,
      Phil

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay – I’ve been a bit overloaded lately. I tested it and it seems something has broken related to GANTT charts between v5 and v6. I’ll look into it and fix it as soon as I can manage.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I figured it out, but you will need to add a few extra columns to your tasks list. This is the columns you need to set up in the chart:

1. Task Name (string)
      2. Task Name (string) *
      3. Start Date (date)
      4. Due date (date)
      5. Duration (number) *
      6. Percent completed (number) *
      7. Predecessors (string)

Column number 1 and 2 both show the task name. Duration is a calculated column you need to create. Use this formula:

=([Due Date]-[Start Date])*86400000 // output Single line of text

Percentage completed must be created as a calculated column based on the built in “% Completed” with this formula:

=[Percent Complete]*100 // output Single line of text

Hope this help you on the way.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Thanks, I’ll give it a try although I have already tried a custom list with those settings apart from the percentage complete calculated column.

Phil

Phil Grant
      Participant

Thanks, I got it working but I think there is an issue with the IE version 8 stopping it from working as it works in Google and I get this error (attached) in IE.

If I hit F12 and force document mode 10 in IE it displays the Gantt chart OK.

I guess this is an issue with the Google chart?

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m glad you got it working. Unfortunately this will NOT work in IE8 mode. The Google API page for the GANTT chart states:

Note: Gantt Charts will not work in old versions of Internet Explorer. (IE8 and earlier versions don’t support SVG, which Gantt Charts require.)

Alexaner

Phil Grant
      Participant

Thanks, I thought as much.
      I’ve had a conversation with our IT department and they’ve told me that they will be rolling out SharePoint 2016 enterprise later in the year and phasing out 2010 Foundation, that’s good news but it will mean a task of transferring a lot of content over but at least the Gantt charts will work.

Cheers

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.