Field Description Display on Read Only

Forums Classic DFFS Field Description Display on Read Only

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Lana
      Participant

Hi,
      Is there any way to get the Field Description to display on a Field that is set to read only?

Thanks!
      Lana

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster
      Lana
      Participant

THANK YOU! Very much appreciated!

Sanchez
      Participant

Hi Alexander, the user manual referenced above does not say how to make field description visible. It only says:
      Read-only fields = Select fields to make read only.

I was able to display it by first unhiding the entire .dffs-readonly-hidden and only hiding the .ms-long portion of it using the Custom CSS below. Only problem is that there is a <br> line break element that leaves a white space. How can I remove that line break so that the description is displayed immediately below the input fields like it does for non-readonly fields?

.dffs-readonly-hidden {
      display: block;
      }

.dffs-readonly-hidden .ms-long{
      display: none;
      }

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Sorry, the user manual did not mention this setting, but you find a checkbox named Show field description for read-only fields in the Misc tab under the heading Read-only fields.

Please note that you only find this in NewForm and EditForm configurations.

Alexander

Sanchez
      Participant

Thank you Alexander. That box did not work for me for some reason. My ‘read-only’ fields also happen to be ‘cascading dropdowns’ so I’m not sure if that is why. I tested the function with a non-casc field and it does appear to work okay with those.

Sanchez
      Participant

Hi Alexander, I was able to solve for it using the following:

.dffs-readonly-hidden{
      display: block;
      }

.dffs-readonly-hidden .ms-long, .dffs-readonly-hidden br{
      display: none;
      }

Thanks!!!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s most likely the cascading dropdown script that is interfering – I’m glad you found a solution.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.