EXTERNAL LIST

Forums SPJS-Utility EXTERNAL LIST

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      lzuhuo
      Participant

Hi Alex again

There is a good practice to run this code for an external list with 30.000 items?

spjs.utility.queryItems({
      “listName”:”EXTERNAL_LIST_DISPLAY_NAME”,
      “query”:”<Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’AddressID’ /><Value Type=’Text’>447</Value></Eq></Where>”,
      “viewFields”:[“AddressID”],
      “primaryKey”:”AddressID” // this must name the column that holds the primary key in the external list
      });

I have to wait 22 seconds to return 8 values from fields

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The problem with querying large lists is that it will run multiple queries in batches of 5000 items – in your case 6 queries. If you bring up the developer console and look at the network tab when you load you should see 6 individual queries.

Do you also see a red line with status 500? – if so, this confirms that SharePoint enforces the list throttling limit of 5000 items for external list as well.

I’m not sure there is a good solution to this issue, but maybe some of the forum users can share some additional insight?

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

I have successfully used DFFS Cascading Dropdowns with a 47,000 item list. The rendering is MUCH faster using Firefox (15 sec) vs Internet Explorer (3 minutes). A CAML filter in the Optional filter field allows me to pre-filter the list based on an attribute before it shows up in the list dropdown.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.