Error: The property or field has not been initialized.

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Error: The property or field has not been initialized.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeffery McElroy
      Participant

I am trying to pull in a Person or Group field value from parent to new child list item. This is working when I create a new child item from parent in EditForm, but am receiving this error when creating a new child from parent in DispForm. I confirmed that the field internal names are both accurate.

Error: The property or field has not been initialized. It has not been requested or the request has not been executed. It may need to be explicitly requested.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Are you pulling in multiple lookup and people picker fields? – could you post an image of the vLookup config for the “Prefill values in child” section?

Alexander

Alex Halliday
      Participant

Getting the same error. Pulling info from two separate lookup fields on a list to the same fields in a document library. The same vlookup config works fine on one form but not on another.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Which version of vLookup are you running, and are the two forms DispForm and EditForm of the same item?

Alexander

Alex Halliday
      Participant

v2.2.75 backend and v2.2.76 frontend. Problem is between 2 edit forms for two different lists, one works fine one doesn’t. Using the same vLookup config to pass the same fields (project name and client name, both lookup columns) to two different lists (task list and issue list)

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

My guess would be that one of the lists doesn’t have the lookup field in the default content type. Look at the list settings for that list, and ensure it has the field selected for the content type.

Alexander

Dan Appleyard
      Participant

I am having the same issues getting that error on a form. It occurs when I click to add a new record to a child list, that is setup and working properly with the vLookup plugin otherwise (displays related items). I also have several other child lists connected, and I am able to add a new child record, with the lookup pre-populated as well. All work fine but this one list. The only column I have connected is a SP Lookup column (site content, using ID).

I looked at the child list (Task Type) and the Lookup column is present when I click on content types (in the settings menu). It was not listed as a source however, unlike the other out of the box fields for a Task list. So I have since made the lookup a site column, and then added it to the content type (Tasks). I deleted the old lookup from the child list, and added it back in from said content type. The error persists back at the parent form. Please help.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you can show me the configuration for your vLookup field and the “Prefill values in child” I’ll see if I can figure out what is wrong.

Alexander

Dan Appleyard
      Participant

Does this work or you need something else?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, the problem is using [currentItem:ID] here – use just ID and you should be OK. I see that this can be a bit confusing, but the reason is how the values are looked up when using vLookup from DispForm – it looks at the “From” field and tries to find the actual field to pull the value from it, but in your case, the “From” only contains the ID of the item and not the field name.

Alexander

Dan Appleyard
      Participant

This is great, thank you!! Working fine now.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.