Email and Print

Forums Classic DFFS Email and Print

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      William Summers
      Participant

I am getting an email error : The email message cannot be sent. make sure the Email has a valid recipient”

I assume this has to do with the “To” field. I have tried currentUserEmail, People picker and a regular email address all inside of my current org. I am using SP 2013 on premise. so the base default settings basically on a test list. Any ideas? I am sure I am just missing something.

Thanks

William Summers
      Participant

OK please disregard this for now. It would seem that it works for everyone BUT me…. Apparently I am invalid lol….

William Summers
      Participant

ok so I am just thinking out loud here. Using a rule to fill in my name “{currentUser:Name}” fills my name in just fine. but for some reason I am still not considered a valid user in the Email and Print setup. Also, I did not get one when I used the workflow ass well but seems to work for everyone else…. hmm

William Summers
      Participant

ok so I put someone elses name in the “To” field and it also returns invalid. It looks to be working only if I use “currentUserEmail”. To be clear, this method still only works for everyone BUT me. The plot thickens.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The “To” field can either have the name of a PeoplePicker from the current item (to pull the user from), or the e-mail address of a valid user within the organisation. You cannot input the display name as “William Summers” in the “To field”.

Hope this helps,
      Alexander

lzuhuo
      Participant

Hi Alex. Great solution. Is it possible change the layout for example to include the logo of the site? And the possibility to print in thermal printers and matrix printers.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You can include a header in the “E-Mail and Print” tab in DFFS backend. See attached image.

Please note that you must user full URL of your image file.

Which type of printer you have doesn’t matter as long as your computer has it set up correctly – it is the default browser print function that is used.

Alexander

Penny Kingston
      Participant

If you allow multiple names in the people picker, is it possible to send both people the email? I seem to be getting the same error “The email message cannot be sent. make sure the Email has a valid recipient”.
      Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes, you can use a multi select people picker in the “To” or “Cc” field. You need to add the FieldInternal name of the people picker in curly braces like this:

{PeoplePickerFieldInternalName}

Are you using the “DFFS_EMail” list with workflow to send the emails? – if so, you can go to this list and look at the “To” field to see what has been inserted in the field.

PS: The user must have an email address in the SharePoint site user list. Go the root site > Site settings > People and groups – and add “Work email” to the list view.

Alexander

Penny Kingston
      Participant

Hi Alex,
      I am not using the “DFFS_Email” list and workflow, just using a rule to trigger the email. With the multi select people picker, the email sends if there is only one name in the field. As soon as I add a second name, I get the invalid email error mentioned above. I have tried this on two test sites just to confirm the error. Also I did confirm that both people have valid emails. Any thoughts?
      Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I had a look at the “REST Email” functionality, and it is a bug in my code. I’ll rewrite it fix it during the weekend.

Thanks for the notification, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Penny Kingston
      Participant

Great! Will you be pushing new code for this update?
      Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes, I’m in the process of wrapping it up and will get it published later tonight.

Alexander

Penny Kingston
      Participant

Hi Alex, I wanted to let you know about a behavior that I noticed regarding email. I have a rule that triggers when the form is saved. In that rule I send an email. The intent is to send the email after the form is submitted and link back to the item. So when a required field (for example) is not populated, the pre-save check stops the form submission and alerts the user that they need to populate the field and no email gets sent. This scenario works perfectly. However, if a people picker field or an ECT field does not resolve, the alert for that doesn’t happen until after the email gets sent. The form is not submitted, however the user gets an email that says it was submitted.
      Is there any way to have the people picker checked at the same time that required fields are checked?
      Thanks,
      Penny

William Summers
      Participant

QQ. I have a people field that is set to display workEMail. In the list view as well as the dispform it shows the email address. However, in the editform it shows the resolved username. The email functionality requires it to be an email in the people field.
      I want to email from the editform using a people field. Currently, I have a rule that sets the value of that people field. {setCurrentUser:Email} no matter what I have tried, in the editform the people field resolves the name to lastname, firstname

Thanks

William Summers
      Participant

Any ideas on the above per chance?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi, Sorry for not replying earlier, but I had a problem with outgoing email and didn’t get notifications for a few days.

The DFFS email functionality can pull the email from a People picker directly so you don’t need it to have the email address as “display value”. How have you set up the email?

Alexander

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.