Edit Form and Web Part Connections

Forums Classic DFFS Edit Form and Web Part Connections

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lana
      Participant

Hi,
      Not sure if this is the right forum…I want to attach a web part list in an dffs enhanced edit form and use connections to get it to filter to a specific lookup they both have in common. I can setup the connection, but nothing gets displayed. Has anyone else tried this? If so did you have the same issue? or do you know how to fix?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Lana

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have not tested this, but I have a hunch DFFS will not play well in this scenario. How far have you gotten – do you get the connection set up, but the list view web part does not appear in the page?

You could set up a vLookup column to show the connected items – have you considered this approach?

Alexander

Lana
      Participant

I get the connection made, and the list column headers show on the page, but the list shows as empty. It does not display the connected Item information. vLookup is great for display only. I want them to edit the connected list. I thought of a work around, but I don’t like it. I have added a column to the list I want connected with the persons name in the assigned to. The reason that I dislike this solution is that it displays everything they are assigned to, not just the specific item which the form is for. The same thing if I input a link to a view of the list based on assignment. These will work, but are not ideal….

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have not used this method before, but can you make this connection in a non-DFFS enabled form? – if not, it might be an issue with using lookup columns as “connection”?

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.