E-Mail active tab doesn't seem to work

Forums Classic DFFS E-Mail active tab doesn't seem to work

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Maciek Grischke
      Participant

I tried this feature today and I assume I can send myself an email of the active tab, but I didn’t receive any email at all.

I’m still using an older version v4.4.3.45 – any idea what can be wrong?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Have you checked this checkbox in the E-Mail and Print tab: Use custom list with workflow to send E-Mails?

If so, please ensure you have set up the workflow to send the email. If you have this unchecked it might be an issue with the REST endpoint for sending emails – is your site in office 365 or locally installed?

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

I didn’t tick this option since I thought it would work without it on my Office 365.

I am configuring the workflow now so I can test all options. I wonder if it would work with MS Flow hmm.

Can you explain what those workflow conditions actually meant do?

Please look at the email I got when I include “appended” noted field.

How to troubleshoot this so maybe I don’t have to use the workflow?

Thanks

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can use a FLOW in the DFFS_EMail list if you like. I’m not sure I understand your question about the workflow conditions – can you clarify?

Also, the image – is it send from DFFS email current tab?

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

What I meant by conditions was:

If Variable:Stop is Yes

etc
      I’m just not sure what they do.

Yes, this picture was from “email current tab” – the image you see next to my name is something to do with “my presence” – normally when you click on my name, you will be taken to Delve page about my profile.

By default, there’s a small white square next to people’s name, when the email is sent, this white square becomes this huge image.

This is the element when I click to inspect it:

No presence information

I can’t seem to paste this bit of code. Let me try again:

<i m g name="imnmark" class="ms-spimn-img ms-spimn-presence-disconnected-10x10x32" title="" showofflinepawn="1" src="/_layouts/15/images/spimn.png?rev=46" alt="No presence information" sip="grischke@domain" id="imn_5410,type=sip" data-themekey="#">

I also tried with FLOW and the issue with the image is the same.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The problem is that the image is a large imagemap and the correct icon is selected by using a span with a fixed viewport and a top and left offset. I’ll have to look into it to see if I can remove it from the emailed HTML. You could use a snippet like this to remove it from the tab before the email function is run:

jQuery(".ms-spimn-img").remove();

Alexander

Maciek Grischke
      Participant

Thanks.

I also added this bit to remove the gap left in front of the name.

jQuery(".ms-imnlink").remove();
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.